Be encouraged, God is with you wherever you go.

 A story. 

A true story.  

A long story, that I will abbreviate so you might return to read another someday.  

 

This particular story started in 2017.  I quit writing my blog.  My last post in that blog said I would start again after I my health issues were under control, but in all honesty, I was tired and couldn’t think past the moment I was in.  I was ill. Lupus had knocked me down and all I could do at that time was exist.  My lips were smiling but my body  hurt, and I was tired – all the time.  And, by the way, I blame this time in my life for my eye wrinkles because I focused on making my whole face smile even when it was hard.   I should have used eye cream.  (Not a faith lesson, but advice worth sharing.) 

 

So, if you’re still reading, here is where my story begins, again...    

 

My sister, always encouraging me to write, gave me a red leather-bound journal and a black pencil for Christmas in 2017.  It wasn’t the first time she had gifted me a journal, but this one was special.  She knew I needed encouragement and she is a good encourager.  Unfortunately, the beautiful journal and pencil in my hands wasn’t enough to push me to write consistently, but every so often I would jot down a few random thoughts.  

 

Recently I picked up the red journal out of the basket it sits in beside my bed.  I paged through it and on the 4th page, with no date, is a picture I drew of a door.  It is an arched, double door with random markings and has doodles around it.  (I am not an artist!)   Above the drawing is written “The Red Door,” and below the door the words  “a Midwest housewife’s musings of life and faith.”  Below that, and here’s where it gets really personal, I wrote “Who am I to share? Who am I to think others will read this and find themselves or…?  Who am I to not try to put myself in the public eye for you (God)?  Doors, windows – opening and closing.  Share faith.”   

You may not have a clue as to what I was writing, but I do.  I know.  I remember the feeling just by reading those words again.   It was my dream of sharing God’s love the best way I know how- writing.   I can literally feel the emotions I felt at the moment I wrote that page in my journal - scared.  Excited. Hopeful. Scared.  It has been over three years since I put that dream to words - asked those questions - and today I am scared, excited, and hopeful.  But, today, I am also fearless.  

 

At this very moment,  I am fearless because I have been listening to God’s whispers my entire life and they have become the same words of encouragement over and over “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.   


Isn’t this the most wonderful verse? 

 

Joshua 1:9.  This verse has  been showing up for more than three months -  in my Bible Study, on Pinterest, and an Etsy shop I happened to view.   Last Sunday I picked up a book that has been on my bedside table for a couple months and as I read the foreword, it referenced Joshua 1:9.  Seriously!  

 

I actually texted the verse to a friend this week.  I thought she could use the encouragement and she replied  “I love it! I’ll keep reading that.”  If that isn’t enough, to convince you that God was sending me a message, this next whisper from God should seal the deal!  When I sat down to write my post, I logged on facebook to look at my old blog and on the home page, the first post I see, a friend shared a Bible verse ….. you guessed it, Joshua 1:9.  I hear you GOD! 

 

God saw the things I wrote in my pretty, red journal and He heard them from my heart.  He knew I was afraid, ill, discouraged and He stuck with me.  Small whispers of faith carried me through. 

 

He will carry you, too. 

 

 It is time to be bold in our faith.  And, most importantly, to be strong and be courageous!  

 

Be encouraged!  God is with you – with me -  everywhere we go!  

Comments

Popular Posts