God hears you!

 A few years ago, I was spending an afternoon with friends.  We were in a small, artsy boutique filled with many colorful and beautiful glass pieces.  I don’t remember the boutique name, but I remember the moment.  The glass art – multi-colored and clear- was hanging from the ceiling and on display all around me.  As I looked around the room it gave me the feeling I was inside a rainbow. It was beautiful; and yet I remember not really being present -like I was participating in the day but not truly appreciating it.  

 

As I stood in the middle of the store, surrounded by glass, light and color, I quietly shared “This is beautiful.  But I feel…I don’t know… I feel flat.”  It was more of a whisper to God then a statement to my friends.  But, without missing a beat, one friend looked me in the eye and responded she knew exactly how that felt and to not be discouraged.  I was honestly surprised she really heard me; it was an off the cuff comment.  I think recognizing the beauty surrounding me, made me realize how heavy my heart actually was and the words just tumbled out.  As we continued our conversation over lunch- we shared, listened and laughed.  I also learned that day that Argon Oil is the oil of the gods. (Obviously not a holy oil, but really good!)  It was a memorable day for me as I felt encouraged, and no longer alone.   

 

It’s unfortunate that we often feel alone during times we need to be comforted, lifted up.  We feel the need to take care of ourselves, to figure things out on our own because we don’t want to be a burden to friends or family.  1 Thessalonians 5:11 says we are to encourage one another and build each other up.  We can’t be encouraged when we need it, if we don’t share! The day I whispered my feelings out loud, I received Gods love through my friend.  I’m not sure she knew the extent to which her comment and then conversation over lunch helped me.  In fact, she probably hasn't thought of that day again, but her recollection doesn’t matter because I remember how special it was to me.  

 

You may know exactly how I felt that day.   You may be living a blessed life but feeling flat, sad, discontented… you may be embarrassed about it too!  Questioning God.  Questioning yourself as to why you might be feeling this way.  Maybe you have every reason on this earth to be sad and angry; you too are questioning God.  Many of you are dealing with feelings the best way you know how - quietly, on your own.  I get it!  


While talking with an encouraging friend is definitely helpful; don’t overlook your relationship with God!  God is your most trusted friend.  He is just waiting for you to talk to Him.  If you are thinking “I don’t know how to talk to God,” well, I’m glad you’re reading my blog because I’ve got good news!  Just start talking! You can talk to God like you to talk to your best friend! Seriously, it’s that easy! Just whisper your feelings to God or those feelings will create a heavy heart that prevents you from seeIng the beauty that surrounds you.  God is waiting...    


"Can we find a friend so faithful? 

 Who will all our sorrows share? 

Jesus knows our every weakness

Take it to the Lord in prayer." 

 

These words are from an old hymn- What a Friend We Have in Jesus 

I could share all the lyrics, but instead I encourage you to google this song - right now! Play it on YouTube or Pandora, dig out that old CD, or dust off your hymnal and play your piano or ukulele... find those lyrics and sing your heart out!  


You are not alone!


God hears you! 

 


 


Comments

Popular Posts