Welcome to Red Door Blessings!

 Welcome to my blog, Red Door Blessings! I am excited and a bit nervous about sharing my faith journey with you.  I would be willing to talk about Jesus all day long but adding in my personal bits is ... well a bit frightening.   To be honest, I have tried this before, I logged into Blogger in 2014 and did nothing but stare at the page.  Fast forward a few years later and I did an actual facebook blog from 2016-2017.  I enjoyed writing that blog and others took time to read it and comment, which means something, right?  

 

I’ll tell you what it means!  I am blessed with really wonderful family and friends.   I am grateful every day for the supportive and loving people in my life (they were the ones reading my earlier blog).  And, along with that confession here’s a bit more about me… I live in the beautiful state of North Dakota.  Currently, as I look out my window, I see red and yellow fall leaves blowing in our notorious North Dakota winds.  I love the four seasons, but I hate the cold.  I enjoy volunteering and  in order to love on everyone in my life and keep moving through the day,  I need a double espresso with whipped cream in the morning and a cuppa green tea at 4pm.  I enjoy reading, cooking, yoga and the sounds of ocean waves soothes my soul.  However, due to the lack of ocean waves in the Midwest, I also enjoy adventures far from home.  

 

For most of my life, I have thought about what I should do for God.  Literally, most of my life.  With that in mind, most of my life, I could be found in the church. There is something about a church that makes me feel at home. And while a  coffee shop would definitely be a close second and the coffee is soooo much stronger; it is not my intention to offend my church family,  because the company enjoyed with church coffee is definitely superb! 

 

But this year is strange, and I haven’t had church coffee in months, so with my espresso almost gone,  computer open, staring at my words - I am opening my heart to you.   After  much soul searching, praying and discerning - I am writing for me, for you, and for God.  I hope along the way my stories instill in you a need to know more about God’s love or makes you more aware of His presence every single day.  I am not a theologian.  I am not here to make sense of it all for you and the Old Testament family trees are beyond my comprehension,  but I know God and He is present in my life – and I want to share His love and my faith with you.   

 

So, again, welcome to Red Door Blessings – real stories of faith.  

Comments

  1. I am right here ready to continue following on your journey wherever it may go! Your words touch my soul! Thank you for sharing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to see you writing again! You have a way of soothing the souls of those who read your words; slowing us down to enjoy what is around us and enjoying friendships near and far. God gave you this gift to share and I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Your words have been a blessing to me before and I know I will find encouragement, love and light in those that you share in the future.
    ~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to continue reading your words. So very inspired by you Lo. 💛

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you always...follow your dreams and listen to your heart (and your sister!) ❤️ God speak moments are everywhere if you truly listen. I will forever look up to you and cherish your faith, wisdom, and unconditional love. I look forward to this journey with you. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am excited to read more. You have helped me grow in my faith more than you know. The “loving” aspect of Christianity has always come so naturally to me. The “law” aspect is where is struggle. In my ignorance, I focused only on making people feel good and fixing problems for them. In your gentle and loving way, you helped open my eyes to see that wasn’t sufficient. You are living proof that “love” and “law” can coexist and that is what makes you so effective. You are a blessing to so many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts